Awhile back, at the suggestion of a friend, I downloaded myfitnesspal to try out tracking my food consumption, mostly for the purposes of monitoring my intake of particular nutrients, rather than for tracking calories, though I think this what most people use it for.
- Barcode scanner – this thing is pretty awesome for scanning the barcode of anything you’re eating that comes from a package!
- Summary views for nutrient intakes on a daily and weekly basis
- A lack of options in the exercise group, would need to wear a heart rate monitor to get accurate calorie burn counts
- The focus on calories, would be nice to have an option for different goals
- Having to put anything custom in, kind of a pain in the ass
- Would sometimes freeze on me (pretty sure that is typical for any app)
- Use the barcode scanner
- Add custom foods